Our purpose of Feeding People and Enriching Lives aims to create brighter and better futures for our people, our communities and the planet and we’re proud of the passion and commitment of our employees who are helping us deliver real results in this area, as outlined in our latest Sustainability Report.
CEO Andrew MacPherson acknowledged the work still be to done but also the enormous progress being made as a result of the commitment and collaboration from the Teys Australia team and partners for doing their part to make sure that “everything we do is safe, responsible and sustainable”.
“Our people continually work hard with our producers, customers and suppliers to make positive changes across our operations,” Mr MacPherson said.
Aligned with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) criteria, the 2020 Sustainability Report shows how we are:
- Reducing our environmental impact and are on track to achieve our 2023 energy, water and carbon intensity targets.
- Supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, measured by global standard safety metrics and innovative safety programs.
- Helping build strong communities through community engagement and social impact investments.
- Leading the way with best practice animal welfare standards.
- Providing healthy, safe and affordable food to our customers, measured by leading food safety and quality processes.
“Throughout 2020, Teys continued its significant investment in energy efficiency projects and renewables ensuring we’re on track to reduce our energy intensity by 6%, our water intensity by 10% and greenhouse gas emissions by 20% by 2023,” Mr MacPherson said.
To learn more, the 2020 Teys Sustainability Report is available here.