Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 8 minutes | Serves: 4
These delicious beef skewers taste fantastic when pan-fried, char-grilled or barbequed. They are perfect for serving at parties and are super easy to make – all you need to do is thread chicken and shallots onto small skewers and the eating can begin!
- 600 g beef sirloin
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ⅔ cup bottled peanut sauce, warmed
- Carrot and cucumber ribbons to serve
- Cut the beef into long thin strips. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water.
- Thread the beef onto the skewers alternating with the shallot.
- Warm the honey in the microwave on low for 30 seconds (or use a small saucepan) and stir in the soy sauce. Brush honey and soy over the beef skewers.
- Preheat the BBQ char-grill plate, grill or pan to hot before adding the beef skewers. Let the beef skewers cook on one side until moisture appears before you turn. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the heat and cover loosely with foil to rest skewers for 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the warm peanut sauce, carrot and cucumber ribbons (make cucumber and carrot ribbons using a vegetable peeler – slice length-ways). Enjoy!
- The barbeque char-grill plate, grill or pan needs to be heated until it is hot before adding the beef skewers. It should be hot enough so that the skewers sizzle when they touch the pan.
- Best beef cuts for char-grilling include fillet/tenderloin, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, T-bone, rump, round and blade, oyster blade, silverside and topside steaks.