Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
This simple recipe is perfect for midweek meals with the family or weekend meals with friends. Not in the mood for sun-dried tomatoes? You can switch them with stuffed olives, chopped basil or pimento if you want a change of pace.
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted buns, lettuce, sliced cheese, tomato relish to serve
- Combine beef mince, water, garlic, cumin, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Mix lightly then shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat the barbeque flat-plate or pan to moderately-high. Lightly brush the burgers with oil. Add burgers to the BBQ or pan, lower the heat to moderate.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked. Turn them once only.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, cheese and tomato relish.