Preparation: 2 Hours | Cooking: 15 minutes | Serves: 6
This delicious recipe is brought to you by Australian Beef, where you can find some great consumer-friendly resources for everything beef and lamb, including nutritional facts, information, recipes and more.
Sticky Beef Ribs
- 12 Beef short ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the Beef ribs in a large saucepan. Cover ribs with water, put over low heat and slowly bring to a simmer. Gently simmer the ribs (partially covered) for 1 hour.
- Remove ribs from water and drain on paper towel. Combine the garlic, salt, English mustard, brown sugar, tomato sauce and lemon juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Brush marinade over ribs. Stand for at least 30 minutes or (ideally) overnight.
- Barbeque ribs over a moderate heat for 10-12 minutes, turning often and basting with marinade until ribs are golden brown. Garnish with baby coriander leaves.
- Serve with herbed potato salad and spicy tomato sauce.
Herbed Potato Salad
- 1kg new potatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley
- ½ cup roughly chopped dill
- ¼ cup roughly chopped mint
- 3 finely sliced green onions
- Cook new potatoes and allow to sit covered for 30 minutes, then gently drain.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, dill, mint and green onions and add to the warm potatoes. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and gently fold the potatoes through the herbs.