Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
This healthy and flavoursome recipe is perfect for warmer nights. The porterhouse steaks are juicy and tender and the accompanying salad is delicate and refreshing.
- 4 porterhouse steaks with fat trimmed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 200 g punnet grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 4 eggs
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 1 tbsp each red and white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Place steaks on a plate. Combine basting sauce ingredients with 1 tbsp olive oil and brush onto both sides of the steak.
- Preheat a BBQ to hot and cook steak for 3 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes and slice.
- Place green beans in a medium bowl and pour over boiling water, allow to sit for 3-4 minutes until cooked but still a little crisp, then drain and refresh in iced water.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and then lower heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Drain and cover with cold water. Peel and cut into quarters.
- Combine vinaigrette. Assemble salad ingredients. Top with beef and eggs. Pour over vinaigrette.
- Vinaigrette, salad and eggs can be prepared ahead of time
- You can leave the anchovies out of the basting sauce if you prefer
- Steak alternatives – scotch fillet or rump steak