Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
This is one of our favourite flank steak recipes, and it’s perfect as the weather gets warmer! Healthy, hearty and delicious, perfect for lunch or dinner on any day of the week.
This recipe is sure to be loved by all, and it’s also perfect for those on a low-carb diet! Thanks to Australian Beef for this great recipe.
- 640g flank steak, cut into four pieces
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 400g cannellini beans
- 300g baby potato
- ½ cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1 avocado
- 1 orange
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Zest and juice the lime, add the soy sauce, cumin and olive oil. Mix together and marinate the flank steak for 10 minutes at least.
- Boil a pot of water and cook the baby potatoes for 8 mins. Don’t overcook as they need to be firm for slicing. Once cooked run under cold water to cool down.
- Peel the zucchini into ribbons, cube the avocado, slice the orange, pick the mint and toss with the cannellini beans. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sliced cooked potato over the salad to finish.
- Put the flank steak on the BBQ and cook for 4-5 mins on each side depending on thickness. Once cooked cover and leave to rest.
- Slice the flank into even pieces and serve with the salad.