Preparation: 20 minutes | Cooking: 60 minutes | Serves: 4
This recipe is a great twist on a traditional favourite. With olives, tomatoes, prosciutto and parsley, this meatloaf has delicious Mediterranean-inspired flavour that is sure to go down a treat. This recipe is brought to you via Beef and Lamb, where you can find great recipes and more.
- 1 kg beef mince
- 100 g pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 80 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 10 slices prosciutto
- mashed potato and green vegetables to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Combine the mince, olives, sundried tomatoes, egg, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce and parsley, lightly mix.
- Line the base and two sides of a lightly greased loaf tin with baking paper. Line the paper with the prosciutto slices making sure the prosciutto overlaps to cover the top of the meatloaf.
- Push the mince mixture into the loaf tin well, cover with the prosciutto slices. Bake for 60 minutes or until meatloaf shrinks slightly and is firm in the centre and no longer pink inside.
- Stand for 5 minutes before turning out of pan. Serve with mashed potato and vegetables.