Prep & Cooking: 45 minutes | Serves: 4
This healthy and rustic recipe is brought to you via Good Chef Bad Chef, where you can find a range of indulgent and healthy recipes from TV chefs Adrian Richardson and Rosie Mansfield.
- 800g eye fillet
- 50ml verjuice or white wine
- 1 – 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, cleaned and stem removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180-190°C. Add the marinade ingredients to a mortar and pestle and crush to paste. Stir through the olive oil. Rub the marinade over the beef until it’s coated all over.
- In a hot pan, sear the beef on all sides (approx. 1-2 minutes per side).
- Place the carrots in a single layer on the bottom of a rectangular baking dish, then place the beef on top. Pour over the verjuice and vinegar. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Let the meat rest for half the cooking time before carving.
- To prepare chickpea mash: gently crush chickpeas and add to a pot with remaining mash ingredients, combine well and warm in the microwave. Serve with eye fillet and Dutch carrots.
Enjoy! Let us know how your meal turns out on our Facebook page.