Hunting for quick midweek meal recipes that the whole family will enjoy?
We recommend you add the crunchy noodles at the last minute so they don’t go soggy!
- 500 g beef rump
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 packet of 2 minute noodles
- 250 g snow peas
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the beef (across the grain) into thin strips. Rub the brown sugar into the beef strips, then add a little of the oil to the beef and mix well. Lightly crush half of one of the blocks of two-minute noodles with your hand. Set noodles aside.
- Heat the wok until it’s hot. Stir-fry the beef in 3 batches, leaving each cooked batch to rest in a warm bowl. Reheat wok between each batch.
- Reheat the wok, add remaining oil and heat. Add the snow peas and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the combined oyster and soy sauces, mix.
- Return the beef to the wok, toss to combine. Stir through the crushed noodles and serve with rice.
- When stir-frying meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stirring so that meat has a chance to sear.
- Best beef cuts for stir-frying: rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks. You can also purchase ready-made ‘stir fry strips’.