Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 75 minutes | Serves: 6
This impressive & mouth-wateringly delicious beef sirloin roast is perfect for entertaining guests during the holiday period.
We recommend that you serve with some crispy roast potatoes and a simple side salad. Send us some pics of how your recipe turns out on our Facebook page!
- 1½ kg sirloin/porterhouse
- 2 whole garlic bulbs, halved
- 2 tbsp mixed dried peppercorns, roughly crushed
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- roasted carrots and parsnips to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Brush beef roast and garlic bulbs lightly with oil. Combine the crushed peppercorns and salt, then rub it over the beef.
- Place the beef on a rack in a roasting dish and add the garlic bulbs. Add a little water to the roasting dish (about ½ cup). Roast for 60 minutes for rare, 75 minutes for medium and 90 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove the beef roast, cover loosely with foil and rest it for 20 minutes before carving.
- Squeeze the garlic out of its skin. Serve the beef roast with garlic, roasted carrots and parsnips.
- Judging your roast’s degree of doneness using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the meat should be: Rare – 55-60ºC, Medium – 65-70ºC, Well done – 75ºC.
- Take roasts out of the oven just short of the desired temperature, as they will continue to cook as they rest.