These Mediterranean-inspired beef, feta and mint pie parcels are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Serve with salad for dinner or lunch, or by themselves for a tasty afternoon snack.
These pies are highly versatile – feel free to substitute the beef mince or lamb or to add extra veggies like red capsicum, corn or pumpkin.
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40 g pine nuts
- Preheat fan-forced* oven to 200°C
- Line oven tray with baking paper
- Combine mince, feta, cumin and mint. Divide into 12 portions
- Cut pastry sheets into 4 squares
- Brush edges with beaten egg. Place portion of beef mix in centre of each pastry
- Fold each corner of the pastry in toward the centre, pressing down gently and leaving filling visible
- Brush lightly with egg and sprinkle with pine nuts
- Place pies glazed-side-up on a baking tray. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Serve with your favourite green salad and a dollop of natural yoghurt or tzatziki
Recipe note: If using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time.