Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 8 minutes | Serves: 4
This quick ‘n’ easy recipe is a real winner and features many of our favourite ingredients – juicy pan seared steaks, pasta, basil, olives, tomato and bocconcini, creating a truly delicious main meal salad. Want to get creative? This salad is highly versatile – you can add in your favourite veggies, switch up the cheese or even add healthy legumes like chickpeas.
- 2 thick-cut beef rump steaks (about 250g each)
- 250 g farfalle (AKA bowtie) pasta, cooked
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup small black olives
- 200 g tub bocconcini, cut in half
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Brush the steaks lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat a BBQ flat-plate/char-grill plate/pan to hot before adding the steaks.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn once. Test doneness with tongs – rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove steaks from heat loosely cover with foil. Rest steaks for 5 minutes before serving. While the steaks rest, toss the remaining ingredients together.
- Slice the steaks thinly and mix with the pasta salad.